Children's Leadership Program at FIMA
We all realize a positive academic education is extremely important for our children. However, most of the time it is our intrinsic value (that which you cannot see or measure) that is of even greater importance. What we “bring to the table of life” is just as crucial as our educational background. But children also need to develop the personality assets that will make them strong individuals. That is the goal and purpose of the FIMA Leadership Program.
The FIMA Leadership Program is a vehicle for promoting leadership skills, character development and overall positive social values. Through this program, FIMA will help to develop tomorrow’s leaders by instilling in them the necessary personality traits that are inclusive of all strong leaders. Ultimately, the FIMA Leadership Program will strengthen your child’s future by giving them the tools they need to lead in the real world.
Students participating in this program must agree to the following:
- One Community Service Project per month.
- Four Random Acts of Kindness per month - A kind, respectful or considerate act performed without expectation of anything in return.
- Strong Academic and Behavioral Performance in school.
- Home Responsibilities are to be completed with respect and considerate behavior.
- One Goal must be submitted and accomplished each month.
- Each Monthly Leadership Theme Assignment will be completed on time.
- One Leadership Monthly Meeting is required. Meetings are scheduled for every Monday from 6:00 to 6:30pm.
As part of this program, there will be a specific worksheet for each month. This worksheet will provide the necessary instructions in order to complete your leadership responsibilities for the month. At the conclusion of each month, all workbooks will be handed in to Sensei so he can check and sign-off on your leadership responsibilities for the month.
* The FIMA Leadership Program is open to students enrolled in our Martial Arts Curriculum. Students participating in the leadership program must be the rank of yellow belt or above. The program meets every Monday from 6:00 to 6:30. As a member of the Leadership team, members learn additional curriculum, wear a specific leadership uniform and study the FIMA Black Belt and Leadership Modules. The cost of the Leadership Team is an additional $50 per month. Cost of uniform is also $50.